Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Living without television

I was never much of a TV person. The only shows I can remember watching regularly were The O.C. and recently, So You Think You Can Dance. There was a time I was really into Prison Break during its first season, but that fizzled.

In any case, my new home does not have cable. Nor does it have a strong "local channels" signal, which basically means that I can't watch any television at all. Not the local NBC, ABC, CBS or FOX affiliates. Which means no SYTYCD, or even crappy CSI.

Even worse is the fact that because my roommate works evenings and I've always grown up with noise around me, my damn house is too quiet. My bedroom is upstairs so I have to lug my laptop around with me wherever I go -- from the kitchen to the living room and back to my room. Normally, I'd plop myself in front of the TV or chat with someone while eating dinner, but that's hard to do when there is no one to talk to and nothing but blurry images to watch.

So I guess this means that I am going to get cable. Which equates to another bill to pay/keep track of. More and more, this "real world" thing is becoming a bummer.

Now I have to go return two DVDs to Blockbuster AND take out the trash. In two inches of snow. Which I had to shovel this morning before going to work. And I'm starting to think eating these expired carrots was a bad idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment