Saturday, August 1, 2009

Finally, its my time now...

After quite a lot of going back and forth between letting myself get permanently settled in Denver and just jetting off again somewhere else, I've come to a decision that I'm making myself stick to: I'm hanging around Denver for a while.

As much as I love journalism, I love my family and friends more, and I've been neglecting them for the last five years. They've taken a backseat to my need for adventure, travel and self-discovery. Well, five years later I'm much smarter and more mature, and it's time that I get to know them again. I can stop being selfish and allow myself to dedicate more of me to them. Which is what I plan to do.

I've found a job taking school portraits, and I'll start on Monday. I'll keep looking for something I'd like to do for an extended period of time, and re-discover my home, my friends, and my town. If anyone wants to visit me and go hiking, bike riding, and even skiing, you know where I'll be.

No comments:

Post a Comment