Monday, September 13, 2010

My album list

I've come to realize that it has been an eternity since I've bought a new album or even come to find a new awesome band. That is not acceptable, and perhaps now that I am going to have more time for non-work things I can get back into surfing the waves for awesome new tuneige.

In commemoration of this, I am posting a list of the top five albums I must get, stat. They are not all recent releases; in fact the majority were released more than a year ago. But I need 'em!

1. Kid Cudi, Man on the Moon: The End of Day


"Pursuit of Happiness" has been my life's theme song for the past six months, or more. I already know the rest of the entire album and I'm convinced Kid and I would have the most awesome babies. Now if only I could meet him and have the album on my iPod so I can listen to it on demand rather than use my phone to find it on YouTube...


2. The Bravery, Self-titled album


This is one of my favorite albums of all time, and I actually lost the CD a few years back. I was completely unaware of it, however, until about nine months ago, when I wanted to listen to it. It's nowhere to be found in my CD collection and it makes me very bummed.


3. The Bravery, Stir The Blood


I am so in love with The Bravery and what they do. I heard them play tons of material from this album before it's release last fall. Loved the songs from the show and think it will be such a worthwhile investment, when it happens.


4. M.I.A., /\/\/\Y/\


I want to be her. She keeps growing with each album and I don't care how crazy she is, she is gorgeous and not afraid to be herself and independent. I really respect her as an artist and enjoy her music.


5. Weezer, Hurley


I've only listened to a few of the songs, but it's Weez's newest album and it's being released by Epitaph. Need I say more?

No comments:

Post a Comment